There are many different styles available for our 3D Inlay urns and it can be confusing which option is best for you. This guide will take you through the selection process in order to simplify that choice for you. The first thing to note is that the urn styles can be grouped into 3 categories which are explained in more detail below.
- Standard – The first 4 urns that are selectable are all standard sized urns that are available in the different styles shown on the selector.
- Companion, Small, & Keepsake – The second set of 4 urns that are selectable are different sized urns that are for keepsakes, partials, or 2 people.
- Specialty Urns – The last 2 urns are specialty urns that are for a standard size adult, but have a special feature.
The 4 urns you see above are all standard sized urns which fit the ashes of any standard sized adult. The only difference between the 4 selectors is the style of the urn itself. Each urn will have the scene of the urn you purchased made into the style that is chosen on the selector in the product page. We have also chosen the 4 different wood types for the urns as an example to show you what the wood actually looks like on a finished urn. But the wood type you choose will also be the wood that the urn is made out of.
Companion, Small, & Keepsake
The next 4 urns you see above are all different sized urns that serve different purposes. We explain more about which purpose each urn serves below to give you a better idea of whether any of these urns fit your purpose better than the standard sized urns.
- Keepsake – Keepsakes are the most unique of the different types of urns. They are not a true urn but rather designed to have as a keepsake to remember the loved one that passed. Most keepsakes have a very small capacity and are used to keep a memory of your loved one close. Many times people even choose to not put ashes in the keepsake and just have them as a memorial. Typically people buy a keepsake if they are planning on scattering the ashes and want to keep a very small portion to remember their loved one. They are also purchased by family members or friends that want to have something to remember the person they cared for when the majority of the remains are kept by another friend or family member.
- Small Urn – This urn is much smaller than a standard urn. The capacity of this urn is approximately 50 cubic inches (1/4 of the standard capacity). These urns are typically used to split the remains among family or friends. They are also used if most of the ashes are planned to be scattered but some remains are wanted to be kept close.
- Companion Urn – A companion urn is designed to house the remains of 2 people and is approximately 400 cubic inches. Companion urns make great resting places for couples that were inseparable in life and want to be close after their passing. There are 2 companion urn styles available; the Companion H (which closely resembles the Hampton Urn) and the Companion A (which closely resembles the Ambassador Urn). Both have the same capacity and the only differentiator is the style of the urn itself.
The last 2 urns that are selectable are specialty urns that are for a standard size adult, but have a special feature. We explain more about the special feature each has in more detail below.
- Clock Urn – The clock urn is a specialty urn that fits a standard size adult, but has an adjustable clock inset into the top chamber of the urn. The remains are housed in the bottom compartment, which is similar in size to the Hampton urn. The top portion of the urn houses the adjustable clock that gives the urn a more regal feel. The compartment for the clock is separated from the compartment for the ashes so that the ashes can remain securely sealed in the bottom.
- Memory Chest Urn – The Memory chest is also for a standard adult, but has a small 1.5” compartment on the top with a hinged lid that is designed for storing mementos, while the ashes are kept in the bottom compartment and is secured by 4 screws.
Entire 3D Inlay Collection
If you are interested in the 3D Inlay urns and would like to see all urns that can be customized in the way shown above, click the link below. That link covers our entire catalog of 3D Inlay urns that have the customization options shown in this guide.
~ 3D Inlay Collection ~